东京第四天 Day 4 in Tokyo

2023年5月30日,星期二,东京之行第四天

Tuesday, May 30, 2023, the fourth day of our trip to Tokyo

天气预报预测今天的雨晚上才会下,看看外面的天气,能见度还不错,我俩决定去东京塔。坐地铁大概40多分钟就到了,人不多,买票不需要排队。东京塔是东京的地标性建筑之,建于1958年,是日本最早的钢铁塔之一。它的外观灵感来自于法国的埃菲尔铁塔,但整体是红色和白色的外观,高度为333,曾经是东京最高的建筑物,直到2012年东京晴空塔(Tokyo Skytree)建成。塔内设有两个观景台,分别位于高度150米和250米处,在晴朗的天气里,可以看到远处的富士山。可惜今天远处还是有雾。

The weather forecast predicts that it will rain later this evening. Looking out our window the skies are clear and the visibility is good. So, we decided to go to see the views from the famous Tokyo Tower. It took about 40 minutes to get there by subway. There are not many people, and there was no queue of people to buy tickets. Tokyo Tower is one of the main landmark buildings in Tokyo.

Built in 1958, it is one of the earliest steel towers in Japan. Its appearance is inspired by the Eiffel Tower, but the overall appearance is red and white, with a height of 333 meters (1100 feet), it was once the tallest structure in Tokyo until the completion of the Tokyo Skytree in 2012. There are two observation decks in the tower, which are located at a height of 150 meters and 250 meters respectively. When it’s very clear, you can see Mount Fuji in the distance. Too bad it’s still a little hazy today.

我的鸡蛋饭团早饭 – My Egg Onigiri Breakfast
不多见的人不是很多的地铁站 – A rare subway station with few people
路上看到的一个建筑 – An interesting building seen along the road (Toranomon-Azabudai project)

票价有点儿小贵,每人3千日元 – The ticket price is reasonable, 3,000 yen per person (not that cheap)

顶层的镜子设计很有意思 – The mirror design on the top floor is very interesting

看下去很晕 -The mind doesn’t want you to walk on to the glass.
这位幸运的兄弟在外面擦玻璃 – This lucky guy is cleaning the windows outside.

我刚来美国的时候,在成人学校认识了一个日本姑娘,她曾经跟我说过她不能用美国的公厕,因为那里没有智能马桶,我当时还在怀疑她的感觉。来到东京才发现,智能马桶完全取代了我们平时用的马桶,每个卫生间都是智能马桶,即时是我俩去过的一个小小的酒吧里的马桶都是智能的。照片的是东京塔里的,第一次看到一个特别的功能,叫“隐私”,我试了一下,是播放音乐,还可以调音量,简直不要更贴心了。- When I first came to the United States, I met a Japanese girl at an adult school. She once told me that she could not use public toilets in the United States because there were no smart toilets. I was a little skeptical of her feelings. But, now, being in Tokyo, I found that the smart toilet has completely replaced the normal toilets we are used to. Every bathroom is a smart toilet, even the toilet in the small bar we have been to is smart. This photo is from the Tokyo Tower. This is the first time I saw a special function called “Privacy”. I tried it out. It plays music and can also adjust the volume. It couldn’t be more considerate.
直到现在才把小熊想起来 – Bear was completely forgotten until now.
在东京塔周围找到了一个大阪烧的小店 – We found a small Okonomiyaki restaurant nearby the Tokyo Tower or lunch.
我的大阪烧,还给配了一碗味增汤,大阪烧里有包心菜,豆芽,培根,鸡蛋和细面条,挺好吃的 – My Okonomiyaki is also served with a bowl of miso soup. It is made from cabbage, bean sprouts, bacon, eggs and egg noodle fried on a hot platter. Okonomiyaki is very delicious!

吃完午饭去了附近了增上寺转了一圈,很安静,没有很多游客,增上寺始建于1393年日本东部Kanto区,现在的这个地点是1598年迁移过来的。在这里看到很多“护佑儿童的守护神”的石像,还带着小帽子,很可爱。它们被认为具有神奇的力量,可以保护儿童免受疾病、意外和灾难的伤害。每年的5月5日日本的儿童节,家长会带着孩子来增上寺祈福,祈求守护神的庇佑和保护。

After lunch, we went to the nearby Zojoji Temple and walked around. It was very quiet and there were not many tourists. Zojoji Temple was built in 1393 in the Kanto area of eastern Japan but relocated here in 1598. As we approached, we saw a lot of little stone statues wearing cute little hand knitted caps. These are called “Care Gaurdian Dieties of Children”. They are believed to have magical powers and protect children from disease, accidents and disasters. Every year on May 5th, Japan’s Children’s Day, parents will bring their children to Zojoji Temple to pray for the blessing and protection of the patron saint.

增上寺的大殿 – Main hall of the Zojoji Temple

这些可爱的守护神 – The cute little gaurdians.

这张照片是在增上寺旁边的Shiba公园拍的 – This photo was taken in Shiba Park next to Zojoji Temple

坐地铁回酒店,某人休息,我在酒店附近继续逛了逛,打算买点纪念品,但是什么有没买到,脚到是收获很多疲惫。晚上找了一个烤肉店吃晚饭,没想到所有的服务员都是中国人。我俩点的是自助餐,4,500每人,包含日本和牛,但是店家的诡计是第一盘他们会给一个拼盘,吃完第一盘之后,才可以随便点。

Taking the subway back to the hotel, someone went for a rest and I continued to stroll around outside, intending to buy some souvenirs – but after an hour, I couldn’t find anything, and my feet were so tired. In the evening, we found a Japanese barbecue place for dinner. Unexpectedly, all the waiters were Chinese. The two of us ordered a buffet, 4,500 per person, including Japanese wagyu beef, but the trick of the restaurant is that they will serve a large meat platter initially, and you can order more after eating the first plate. (The first plate has a lot of cheaper meats and you have to finish that one before ordering again)

我俩吃完这第一盘肉之后,就基本吃饱了,以后的建议是别点自助餐 – After the two of us finished the first plate of meat, we were basically full. Next time we will pass on the all-you-can-eat places.

这是我俩点的两种和牛肉 – Here are the two types of wagyu beef we ordered.
回酒店休息的路上看到一个可爱的卖草莓糖葫芦的小车 – On the way back to the hotel, we saw a cute cart selling candied strawberries.
进了一家抓东西的店,抓一次100日元,花了200,抓了两次,10秒钟,完事,啥也没抓着,哈哈 – We went into a silly game shop to waste money … it’s those games to try to grab things – 100 yen per try. We spent 200, grabbed it twice, and in 10 seconds, and it was over, I didn’t get anything, haha

第四个晚安东京。

The Fourth Goodnight from Tokyo.

2 thoughts on “东京第四天 Day 4 in Tokyo”

  1. 卫生间这么高级!
    那个塔看着是像埃菲尔铁塔。
    原来自助餐还可以这样。不过牛肉看着挺好的。

  2. Your movie of the mirrors in the tower made it seem I was there looking around. I don’t think I would want to walk on glass floors unless I didn’t look down at the view!
    Your bear is enjoying his sky view.
    Those guardians are very cute and so, so many!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *