乌拉圭的一天 One Day in Uruguay

2022年11月24,星期四,南美洲之旅第八天 – Day 8 of the South America trip

今天是美国的感恩节,夏天的感恩节是一种奇怪的感觉。早上6点多就起床了,吃完早餐,步行去20分钟去Buquebus港口,坐渡轮去布宜诺斯艾利斯对面的乌拉圭小城市科洛尼亚-德尔萨克拉门托。7点多到了港口才明白买船票的时候被告知要提前一个小时到港口的原因,是排队要过海关,没想到有这么多人!

Today is Thanksgiving in America, and Thanksgiving in the summer is a strange feeling. We got up at the ungodly hour of 6am this morning to catch our ferry. After breakfast, we walked to the Buquebus port and took the ferry to Colonia del Sacramento, a small Uruguayan city on the opposite side of the river from Buenos Aires.

We got to the port at about 7:40am, and immediately realized why they told us to arrive at the port at least an hour before departure (8:30am). There was a massive line waiting to go through customs. We definitely didn’t expect there to be so many people!

第一关排队办理登船,会看护照,打印船票 – The first pass is to queue up for check-in, where they will look at your passport, and print the boarding ticket.
第二关排队要过海关,先拍照,录手印,出阿根廷的海关,转头排队办理入境乌拉圭的海关,而且还有护照盖章!有意思的是一个工作窗口里面并排坐着的两个工作人员是来自两个国家 – The second pass is to queue up to get through customs. They take a picture, record fingerprints, leave the Argentine customs, and then turn around and queue up to enter Uruguayan customs, where you get a passport stamp! What’s interesting is that two staff members sitting side by side in a work window are from the two countries.
渡轮上是满员的,我俩上去的时候幸运地找到了两个挨着的座位 – The ferry was full, and we were lucky to find two seats next to each other when we got on.

一个小时10多分钟的船程就到了科洛尼亚-德尔萨克拉门托,下了渡轮,参加了40分钟的徒步团,导游的英文口音我实在不适应,很快就放弃了听她讲解。PJG告诉我导游说在乌拉圭法定每天的工作时间是6个小时,每周五天,而且乌拉圭从小学到大学的教育是免费的。

It took more than an hour and 10 minutes to arrive at Colonia del Sacramento. We got off the ferry and joined our 40-minute walking tour group. I couldn’t get used to her accent of the tour guide, so I quickly gave up listening to her explanations. PJG told me that the tour guide said that the legal working hours in Uruguay are 6 hours a day, five days a week, and that education from elementary school to university in Uruguay is free.

欢迎来到乌拉圭 – Welcome to Uruguay
我们的徒步团 – Our tour group

这里是一个非常安静的小城,于 1680 年由葡萄牙人在拉普拉塔河畔建立,后来又曾被是西班牙的殖民地,所以这里的建筑结合了葡萄牙和西班牙的影响。出于对这一殖民遗产的保护,在1995年这里的历史街区被联合国教科文组织列为世界遗产。小城里有很多树,被树荫覆盖的小路很平静祥和的感觉。

This is a very quiet small town, founded by the Portuguese on the banks of the Rio de la Plata in 1680, and was later a Spanish colony, so the architecture here combines Portuguese and Spanish influences. Out of the protection of this colonial heritage, the historic district here was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1995. There are many trees in the small town, and the path covered by the shade of the trees is very peaceful.

曾经的一面城墙的大门 – The gate of a former city wall
朴素的建筑和鹅卵石街道 – Unassuming buildings and cobbled streets in the historic area.
标志性建筑灯塔 – The landmark lighthouse
一群小学生中午放学 – A group of elementary school students leave school at noon for lunch.
好多这种被树荫覆盖的街道 – So many of these types of shaded streets
这条鹅卵石小路还是古时候的排水设计,中间洼地排水 – This cobblestone path still shows the ancient convex drainage design where the middle depression drains the water.
这里的河水不是蓝色的,因为是从山上融化的雪水,加上土壤里的铁的遇水氧化,造成看似浑浊的河水,其实水是干净的 – The river here is not blue because it is fed by the snow melting in the mountains, and the iron rich soil is oxidized by water which makes the river water look brownish red, but the water is actually clean.
一个部门管理局大楼Intendencia Departamental de Colonia – A administration building
40分钟的团结束后, 我俩就在小城里四处游逛了一会儿,很多人当时都在看乌拉圭对韩国的比赛,某人在蹭看 – After the 40-minute tour, we wandered around the small town for the afternoon. Many people were watching the World Cup game between Uruguay and South Korea. Someone was checking the score.
建于1890年的一所小学校 – A small school built in 1890
午饭的饭店,就在河边,吹着河风,很凉快 – The restaurant we had lunch is right by the river, with the river breeze making it pleasantly cool
PJG的炸牛肉和薯条 – PJGs Beef and Chips.
我的炸鸡肉和薯条,看来南美洲人都很喜欢吃肉 – My fried chicken and chips, it seems South Americans love meat!
典型的科洛尼亚-德尔萨克拉门托小街风景 – A typical Colonia del Sacramento small street scene
好多旅游纪念品的冰箱贴和明信片都有这个景色 – A lot of fridge magnets and postcards of tourist souvenirs have this view.
吃完午饭,又转了一会后,天气太热,我俩坐下来喝了杯冰饮 – After lunch, and walking around for a while, the weather was hot, so we sat down for a glass of iced lemonade and chocolate milk.
冰饮的店 – The drink shop
没想到返回布宜诺斯艾利斯也同样要排队,过海关,从排队到登上渡轮,花了将近50分钟 – Unexpectedly, returning to Buenos Aires we also had to queue up. After passing customs, it took nearly 50 minutes from queuing to finally boarding the ferry.
上了回程的渡轮才意识到完全忘记了小熊,哈哈,只能在船上补一张了,背影看起来就很沮丧 – On the return ferry, I realized that I completely forgot about the bear, haha, I had to make it up on the boat, and the bear looked very disappointed.
到了布宜诺斯艾利斯这边又要再入境一次海关,太麻烦了,南美洲应该要学习欧盟,也建立一个南美盟,这样在南美洲旅游就方便,节省很多不必要的通关手续 – It is too troublesome to enter the customs again when we arrive in Buenos Aires. South America should learn from the European Union and establish a South American Union, so that traveling in South America would be as convenient and save a lot of unnecessary customs clearance procedures.

下了船,出了海关,已经7点多了,在附近酒吧来了一杯冰啤解乏,晚饭也是在附近找了一家餐厅,因为没有回酒店休息并补充钱,我俩身上的现金加起来一共是8千多,所以晚饭点菜的时候,我俩格外小心,结果服务员上了一瓶比我俩点的红酒贵一倍的一瓶,最后结账的时候我俩的钱不够了,哈哈。第一次遇到这种情况, 最后身上的美金救了急,一开始给了服务员一个25美金的纸币,但是因为有一个小小撕口,饭店竟然不要!最后给了唯一一张50美金的纸币,汇率以1比290成交之后,这次的买单危机总算解决了,哈哈。今晚没有给服务员小费,一共消费是31美元(用1比290的汇率计算)。

After getting off the boat and out of the customs, it was already past 7 o’clock. We had some cold beer in a nearby bar to relieve our fatigue. We also found a restaurant nearby for dinner. Because we didn’t go back to the hotel to rest and replenish our cash, we were extra careful when ordering for dinner. Unaware, the waiter brought a bottle of red wine that was twice as expensive as the one we had ordered. At the end of the meal, we didn’t have enough money to pay, haha. It was the first time we encountered such a situation, and finally the 50 US dollars we had brought came to the rescue. At first, I gave the waiter a 20 US dollar bill, but because of a tiny tear in the bill, the restaurant refused to take it! In the end, we gave our only $50 note, and found the exchange rate was 1:290, and the payment crisis was resolved, haha. No tip to the waiter tonight, the total consumption is 31 dollars (calculated by the exchange rate of 1 to 290).

晚饭的饭店叫El Establo – The restaurant for dinner was called El Establo
PJG的披萨 – PJGs Pizza
简单的沙拉 – A simple salad
我的牛排骨 – my beef short ribs

虽然今天是又热又累,科洛尼亚-德尔萨克拉门托还是值得一游的,过了一个不一样的感恩节。

Although today was hot and tiring, Colonia del Sacramento is still worth a visit. What a unique Thanksgiving we had!

4 thoughts on “乌拉圭的一天 One Day in Uruguay”

  1. 我也喜欢乌拉圭这个地方了,一个有历史感、鹅卵石铺地的古镇。尤其是教育免费,工作时间也那么短。外面的世界看了才知道啊。
    你的牛排骨看着满香的呀。

  2. Uruguay looked nice with its small streets. Were you glad you didn’t spend the night?
    It was fortunate you carried an
    emergency $50. Perhaps you might have had to wash dishes for the evening!
    Thanksgiving pizza and short ribs, very unique.

    1. Yeah we were glad we didn’t spend the night. James is very good at washing dishes now. He would have be the one 😃

  3. Where did my comment go?
    I liked the small streets.
    Glad you had $50 on you otherwise you would have been washing dishes!
    You had thanksgiving pizza and short ribs!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *